CLEAN & HEALTHY: Bolognese
Bolognese sauce is one of my favorite things to eat in the entire world. Just hand me a bowl of bolognese sauce and call me a happy girl, except most bolognese is fatty and greasy. Try my clean and healthy bolognese for a light yet hearty meal. I make a big pot of this health bolognese sauce when I have a busy week ahead. It’s a great go-to meal and I can mix it with spinach, brown rice pasta, spaghetti squash, or even scrambled eggs. And if I really want to get crazy I add sriracha!
CLEAN & HEALTHY BOLOGNESE
– diced onions
– diced squash/zucchini
– slices mushrooms
– sliced carrots
– diced whatever veggies you like
– 80/20 lean ground beef/chicken/turkey
– your favorite marinara (choose one with the fewest ingredients as possible. I like Rao’s.)
– olive oil
– salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste (I use a lot of garlic powder and even some red pepper flakes)
1. Sautee all vegetables in pan with 2-3 tablespoons olive oil.
2. In separate pan, cook ground protein on low-medium heat. Cook until pink.
3. Mix sauteed vegetables with ground protein.
4. Add 2 cups marinara sauce.
5. Adjust heat to low. Let simmer until meat is thoroughly cooked.
6. Serve with spinach, pasta, or other vegetables.