CRUNCH LIVE | REVIEW & GIVEAWAY
Growing up in Virginia, I’ve always known that I wanted to move to NYC. There were two things I was going to do once I got here: work in the music business (check) and work out at Crunch (check). I remember reading my favorite fitness magazines and always finding the latest “it” class being available at Crunch. At that time, the pole dancing workout trend had hit the waves and my idol (at the time) Britney Spears was a fan. I loved how Crunch combined the two things I loved: fitness + entertainment. So when Crunch reached out asking me to check out Crunch Live, I jumped at the opportunity. Read my review and find out how you can win a free trial of Crunch Live below.
Crunch Live is the online portal of Crunch gyms bringing you today’s most popular group fitness classes. You stream and sweat in the comfort of your own home. It’s like Netflix or On-Demand for workout videos. I could’ve used this 14 years ago, when
little big ol’ me was starting my fitness journey. Crunch is about making fitness fun and accessible and you get that immediately when you hit the Crunch Live homepage.
I loved that I didn’t need a PhD to navigate the website. It’s super user friendly! As soon as you log in you’re presented with a multitude of classes to choose from whether it’s pilates, dance cardio, abs, or body sculpting. Or if you’re a Crunch gym regular and don’t need recommendations, you can search classes by instructor or category.
All the classes are well produced. The lights, the set, and the people are all professional and TV quality, yet they’re REAL people. Nobody looks like a Barbie doll. And unlike other workout DVDs I own, the instructors don’t have creepy voices and their personalities shine. Their energys and bodies are enviable. My personal favorite was the Absolution class with Deborah Sweets. Anyone who can help me work my core without making me do traditional crunches is an angel in my book.
WHAT I LOVED…
* The Navigation – it’s super user friendly.
* The Cost – it’s $9.99 per month and cheaper than a traditional gym.
* The Convenience – you can work out anywhere. There’s no excuse!
* The Personalization – you can save your favorite workouts and set them on a playlist.
* The Energy – I loved the instructors.
* The Portability – you can follow along on your computer or connect it to your TV for a bigger experience.
* The Experience – I loved how hi-tech, fun, and luxurious it felt.
* NO CONTRACT!
WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE…
* Tech Problems – If you have a poor network connection, like I do sometimes, it’s frustrating to be in the middle of a workout and have it freeze. Luckily, I didn’t have a problem.
* No Accountability – Even though the classes give you a LIVE experience, there is no one there to correct your form or answer any questions.
* Not Social – If you’re someone who loves group classes because you vibe off other people’s energy, this is not for you…unless you invite friends over, which is totally doable!
Overall, I love Crunch Live. I love that I have so many options to get a sweat session in at home, at work, or on the road. There’s also no chance of getting bored because there are so many different classes to choose from, and Crunch updates the site with new classes on a regular basis. (I’m actually curious as to how they maintain this site in the long term.)
Crunch Live is all about YOU. YOU decide what class you want to take. YOU decide when and where (even if you live in Virginia). YOU can give instant feedback by rating the classes on a 1 to 5 thumbs-up system. You have the power!
You could win one free month of Crunch Live. All you have to do is leave a comment sharing what group fitness class you normally like to take. Is it yoga? Kick-boxing? Let me know!
One winner will be selected at random on July 30, 2014 at 10 am est. Open to US residents only. The retail value is $9.99. Good luck!